There are two versions to the game … addition and multiplication. The only difference is the way that scores are determined. Choose the version that is age appropriate for all players.
- Find an empty egg carton. Do not try to use a carton that still contains eggs.
- Using a marker or pen write the numbers 1 to 12 in the bottom of the carton … one number in each hole. You don’t have to go in order … mix it up.
- Youngest player goes first! Place the pebbles in the carton and close the lid.
- Shake the carton to move the pebbles around.
- Open the carton!
- To determine your score combine the numbers … either addition or multiplication.
- Keep a tally of each players scores.
- First player to 100 wins.
- Start players at 100 points and subtract each turn. First player to 0 wins.
- Try three pebbles instead of two.
- Did you like the game? Which version did you play … addition or multiplication.
- Does it make a difference how hard or how long you shake the carton?
- Upload a picture of your carton and pebbles.
Earn badges and qualify for prize drawing by registering and answering journal questions. It's fun and easy!