This is a great game for your child to play on their own (perhaps with you looking over their shoulder) but is even more fun for her when played as a 2-player game.
- Remove the jokers from the deck of playing cards. Aces are worth 1 point and face cards (jacks, queens, kings) are worth 10 points.
- Shuffle the deck
- Deal out 10 cards face up in two rows of five.
- Look for pairs of cards that add up to 10. Remove each pair. Sets of three like (2+3+5) are not allowed … only pairs.
- Fill in any gaps with new cards from the deck and repeat the process of removing pairs that add to 10.
- The goal is to have no cards left at the end of the deck.
If you do the math right at each step and start with a full deck of cards then there will be no cards left at the end.
Here are two variations for 2 players ..
Work together to quickly identify and remove the pairs of 10. Take turns flipping cards from the deck to fill in the gaps.
Race to see who can identify and remove the pairs the fastest. Take turns flipping new cards to fill empty spaces. At the end the players can either count the number of cards they accumulated or add up the values of the cards to determine a winner
- Did you enjoy playing this game?
- Did you develop an approach for finding pairs quickly? For example find the highest card and then look for a match to make 10?
- Did you play solitaire or two player?
Earn badges and qualify for prize drawing by registering and answering journal questions. It's fun and easy!