Construct a chair that you can sit on using only cardboard. No glue, tape or other fixing materials allowed.
- Write down or sketch some ideas as to how you will construct the chair.
- When you are planning, think about using cones, interlocking sheets, spirals, tubes – or even using strips of card like sewing thread.
- Use the materials to create a chair made from cardboard.
- If your first design doesn’t work, evaluate what went wrong and try again.
Think about structure.
- Watch the video above.
- Check out the “challenge card” in the download section. It has a great diagram and tips.
- Get busy and build your own chair!
- Record results and a picture in your journal.
- Who did you ask to sit in your chair?
- Did you have to try several different design?
- What did not work very well?
- If you were to try again what would you do differently?
Earn badges and qualify for prize drawing by registering and answering journal questions. It's fun and easy!