Construct a free standing bridge out of spaghetti, strong enough to support a 1/2lb bag of sugar or other weight.
Think about bracing strands together for strength. Some shapes are better at absorbing loads – triangles are particularly strong. Rubber bands make for good junctions.
- Watch the video above.
- Check out the “challenge card” in the download section. It has suggestions and pictures of different bridge types.
- Optionally checkout what other builders did for the JDFChallenge on Twitter and Facebook.
- Get busy and build your own bridge!
- Record results and a picture in your journal.
Be patient. Through trial and error, you’ll become proficient at working with spaghetti.
- How did you “bundle” the spaghetti to make it stronger?
- What shapes worked best?
- What did not work very well?
- If you were to try again what would you do differently?
Earn badges and qualify for prize drawing by registering and answering journal questions. It's fun and easy!