Use a cardboard box and cardboard struts to create a marble run. The marble must run for 60 seconds.
- Use tape to attach the cardboard struts to the cardboard box, creating a run for the marble.
- Place the marble at the top of the run and time how long it takes for it to reach the bottom.
- Keep improving your design until the marble takes exactly 60 seconds to reach the bottom.
If you can’t find cardboard struts, make your own by folding four inch wide strips of cardboard in half to create a V shape.
- Watch the video above.
- Check out the “challenge card” in the download section. It has a great diagram showing how to a marble run.
- Get busy and build your own marble run!
- Record results and a picture in your journal.
- Tell us about your marble run?
- What was your run time?
- What did not work very well?
- If you were to try again what would you do differently?
Earn badges and qualify for prize drawing by registering and answering journal questions. It's fun and easy!